Wednesday, June 1, 2011

EURUSD 6-1-11

Tonight I saw a good opportunity on the short side in the EUR/USD.  It fit my strategy well and gave me about a 4-to-1 reward to risk ratio.  I saw a significant past resistance level at around 1.4345-1.4350, so I started offering at 1.4345.  The snail pace of Tokyo gets me antsy sometimes, and I didn't want to miss a fill.  I started inching down my offer until 1.4343.  That order filled but kept pushing up to the whole number 1.4350.  Got stopped out but started shorting immediately.  Got refilled at 1.4152 and targeted the middle of the range near 1.4330.  Unfortunately I accidentally sold on market because a platform mistake at 1.4339 before it knifed a little further to 1.4325.  I foolishly tried to get small and hop back in the move, but it was too late and I was stopped out a small amount from the last trade.  All in all I maybe about 2 pips on a move that should've gotten me much more.

Had I waited for a good first entry and avoided trading on frustration on the last trade, this would have been a profitable trade even with the order entry error.  Need to work on these things for next time.  Currently the pair may be about to breakup for a nice little move after pushing through the 1.4350 and holding the retest.  That's all for me tonight, happy trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment