Wednesday, June 8, 2011

EURUSD 6-8-11

I haven't been trading too much lately, been working on an algo and studying for tests.  Tonight I briefly placed a couple trades in the EUR/USD.  I typically play ranges during the evenings, so I initially identified 1.4600 and 1.4567 as range levels.  1.4600 was tested twice but 1.4590 wouldn't drop support.

Pair soon after broke 1.4600 convincingly then found support at the level.  I like this play during the day, and I've found it usually also works in Tokyo, so I got long @1.4603 with stop at 1.4596.  Covered half above session high at 1.4609, moved stop to break even and let the rest ride moving my stop as pair moved up.  The move started looking steep and it couldn't hold above 1.4625, so I got flat.


Unfortunately I accidentally made this trade on a demo account.  Took a quick, stupid frustration long above the 1.4625 level and was quickly stopped out for a small loss.  Other than that, I was pleased with this evening.  I have trouble letting my winners run, but I was pretty patient on this play.  I'll be looking for this move more often during this session.  Its easier than range trading and its fairly low risk.

2 comments: