Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Ready for 2012

Well its been a while since I've posted anything on here.  I've spent much of the past two months following the stock market more closely and trying to learn how to trade it, so I haven't focused much on currencies.  Starting fresh for 2012, I've tweaked my currency strategy a little bit.  I'll be looking for some more longer term swing trades (not much longer than a week maximum though).  I'm going to be focusing on only about four majors (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF) because I think it will help me better learn these pairs and gain an edge.  My position sizing will be small, with much more focus on trading correctly than making money.  I'm planning on doing a weekend analysis each week of what I will be looking at for the next five trading days (Under the Weekend Outlook tab!)

I think that stepping back the timeframes I trade on will help me gain a broader sense of how everything is moving, rather than scraping up pips intraday.  I'll be much busier with school this semester, but I'm hoping to get at least 2-3 posts a month done on top of the weekly analysis.  Good luck to everyone this week and this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment